- Builders of the Bone Castle by Amy Tibbetts - If they catch you, they will cook you and take your bones. And they wont stop until theyve cooked the whole world.
- Dead Forever by Dr. Philip Edward Kaldon - Dying wasnt the problem for Carmody Wong. Surveyors always died on their missions. But why were they taking so long this time to bring him back? And when it turned out the critters whod eaten him exhibited tool making abilitieswell, there were a lot of reasons why something was very wrong with planet XBR-50. Carmody just hoped hed live long enough to find out.
- The Bloodhound by Colin Harvey - Murder smells of black pepper. Theft has a cinnamon top note. Your carry your iniquities with you. They will always give you away, oozing through your pores.
- A Good Taste in Men by Clayton Kroh - Noras life hasnt been very exciting, but when her strange mother returns from the dead, not even Noras buried life can remain interred for long.
- Deliver Us From Evil by Linda & Stephen Davis - Evil comes in many forms, dragons cloaked as humans for one. Dori escapes one in Walmart, then she and her Warrior, Jiji, have to kick some serious dragon butt to save an ignorant humanity.
- The Grabber Contest Judges - meet this years Final Judges: Richard Freeborn, Bridget McKenna, Marti McKenna, and Bruce Holland Rogers; Preliminary Judges: J. Alan Brown, Maggie Della Rocca, Robert Moriyama, Susan Wing, and Kim Zimring; and Adjudicate Judge: Ralan.
This years contest garnered the most entries ever. Eighty-six stalwart Webstravaganders helped to support Ralan.com by sending in their Grabbers. Were set for another year (well, until next September anyway).
My undying thanks go to all the judges for helping out this year. I hope youll go to the Judges page and read about them and click on the links to their work and/or favorite web sites.
A big thank you goes to the artists who donated original, custom illustrations for the five winning stories. Three of these artists, M.W. Anderson, Jesse Bunch, and Teresa Tunaley, have donated work in each of the four years the contest has existed. Catherine Marché has participated every year except for the first year. And a highly talented Mexican artist, Jesús García makes his debut this year. Their work is worth more than I can say. It lights up this web site. I cannot say thank you enough. The artists photo, bio, and links are at the end of each story, after the authors. I urge everyone to support these five fine artists, and if youre in a position to buy artwork I recommend them highly. All have performed expertly—and delivered under the deadline!
Thanks also to Eric M. Witchey, himself a two-time winner of this contest, who volunteered to handle all the checks from entrants who couldnt or wouldnt use PayPal. Eric, like many, is a good friend Ive never met. Hopefully someday
My final thanks goes to everyone who entered the contest or donated money—or both (yes, several people again both entered and donated). Your support and generosity has again made it possible for Ralans SpecFic & Humor Webstravaganza to continue on into the next year. May it be a successful one for us all!
- Editor & publisher: Ralan Conley
- Web designers:
- Check Coordinator: Eric M. Witchey
- Moral support, love, and back rubs: Karen Conley
- Virtual support: Fil Uhyre (my personal monster)
The SPECTRAVAGANZA is not now and will never be open to unsolicited submissions. All stories appearing in this publication are chosen via contests held under the auspices of Ralan.com.
There is NO contest open at this time! Any submissions received will be deleted unread and unanswered. (Sorry, dont have the time.)
The information provided on all my pages is provided in good faith with the belief it is correct. Nevertheless, I can accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions. Each visitor assumes all risk associated with its use or misuse.
All fiction content is the sole and original creation of the authors, who maintain all responsibility, creatively and legally, for their work.
All content ©2003-2006, except stories and artwork, which are copyrighted by the individual authors and artists and are published with their permission.