BEST AMERICAN SCIENCE FICTION & FANTASY
The stories chosen for this anthology must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Type of electronic submissions accepted: format as a .RTF or .DOC file and use the off site submission form on the main listing link
- Other submission requirements: when you submit your story, strip the manuscript of your name (including your byline), address, and venue of original publication (so the title should be the only identifying information--don't worry about your file name, as their system renames all the files.); their submission system will track that information and thus keeps it separate from the stories themselves.
- Simultaneous submissions accepted: no
- Multiple submissions accepted: yes
- This anthology does NOT accept postal mail submissions
- The original publication of the story must be in a nationally distributed American or Canadian publication (i.e., periodicals, collections, or anthologies, in print, online, or ebook form);
- The story must be written in English and written by a writer who is American or Canadian, or who has made the United States his or her home;
- The story must be published as text (audio fiction is not considered unless it also appears as text);
- The original publication of the story must be as short fiction (excerpts of novels are not knowingly considered);
- Story length must be 17,499 words or less;
- The story must be at least loosely categorized as science fiction or fantasy (horror is acceptable if it also has elements of science fiction or fantasy);
- The story must be published by someone other than the author (i.e., self-published works are not eligible);
- The story must be an original work of the author (i.e., not part of a media tie-in/licensed fiction program);
- The story must have been originally published between January 1 and December 31 of the eligibility year.